IAPT Research Grants Program for 2019
The IAPT announces the 2019 round of our competitive grants program in plant systematics (and fungi and algae!), with emphasis on funding students and young investigators in developing countries, but open to applicants world-wide. For guidance, candidates who obtained their Ph.D. degree more than 3 years ago will not be considered. Applications will be assessed on the basis of submitted research projects. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
1. The grant application period is open until 31 January 2019.
2. The award should preferably be used for supporting travel to institutions, laboratory investigations, or fieldwork (this should include interaction with in-country specialists).
3. General information (name of applicant, country, institution, project title, etc.), as well as a prospective budget, should be filled in a form that will be available at the IAPT web page.
4. Project proposals should be succinct and should include an introduction, materials & methods, objectives, literature citations and other relevant information, especially noting if any other financial support for the project exists.
5. Proposals should not exceed three pages in length (Times New Roman, 12 point, single-spaced).
6. Two recommendation letters are required, preferably by experts from the field and/or by members of the host institution. In the case of Ph.D. students at least one letter of recommendation must be by a supervisor.
7. Applications should also include a short CV of the candidate in free format no longer than 3 pages.
Applications are to be submitted to: Dipl.-Ing. Eva Kráľovičová, Managing Secretary IAPT, by emailing to email@example.com
Applicants will be informed by e-mail of receipt of their proposals.
The maximum individual award is US$2,000.
The awarded projects will be announced on the IAPT web page and by e-mail to all the applicants on 8 April 2019.
Award recipients are required to submit a final report on the results of the grant funded activities. The report should include photographs and details that can be used to write a social media post on the grant.